So this week has been my spring break.. Since I go to a school where the spring break is different from everyone else’s, I ended up not being able to find someplace warm to go.. I mean I could have, but how fun is going on spring break to someplace warm alone? Yea. That’s what I thought.. not so fun.
Despite the lack of warmth of my week, I do have a few picture to share! oh yay! I love to share!
1. His a & her banana bread. Made this Friday for my boyfriend and me. A paleo one for me and a ‘normal’ one for him.
2. Packed snacks for my trip up north! My mom and I decided to try to go up north (MI) to go skiing.. Had to make sure to pack food so that I wouldn’t be stuck eating unhealthy-unpaleo food.
3. Mom and I ended up going up to Mackinaw City for dinner.. I’d never seen the bridge! But sadly, due to the rain and fog, I still could hardly see it.
4. Had to make due with breakfast at our hotel. Took the egg and bacon off of a sandwich, then had some blueberries, an apple, and a nut pack.
1. Despite the rain on our way up north, we ended up getting about 3 inches overnight! Yay!
2. That snow meant that we got to go skiing! I FINALLY got to try out my skis that I got for Christmas!
3. We ended up at Applebees that night for dinner. The onions were SUPER onion-y and I didn’t eat them, but when I asked to replaced the potatoes that it was supposed to come with with more veggies instead, it turned into a pretty delicious dinner.. Maybe not 100% paleo, but I’m not going to fret over a little bit of sauce.
4. Wednesday I met up with my college roommate. We ended up at a sushi restaurant to catch up and get some eats. Since sushi obviously has rice in it, I opted to get some hibachi instead. Chicken and shrimp, then again got extra veggies instead of rice. Yum! I would have asked for the chicken without the sauce if I would have known that they were going to put some on it, but again, no need to fret the small things.
1. I made sure to do some shopping over break too. Since I was in Okemos, I headed to Playmakers were I found these gems. Asics motion control shoes to help me with my flat footedness. My physical trainer will be delighted when she sees them.
2. Then had to stop over at Denny’s Central Park Bikes to see what they had to offer. Ended up grabbing these off of the sale rack. Shorts with padding in them to mountain bike in, and a long sleeved GORGEOUSLY purple jacket to ride in when it’s on the verge of being warm but not quite warm enough.
3. Had a 20% off coupon for BB&B.. Picked up a 20piece pack of Pyrex storage containers. These will DEFINITELY be used seeing as I feel like I NEVER have enough containers when I’m food prepping!
4. Also! On the way back from skiing my mom got me a new set of knives! Nothing fancy, but definitely needed to replace the Ikea knives that I’ve been using!
Well. That was my spring break in a jiffy! Now I’m looking forward to April when I go to Florida!! What are you looking forward to? Any trips, runs, events?!