So this week has been interesting for my! Essentially my whole lab is at a conference which means that I’ve been working by myself.. So I’ve finally felt like a real graduate student.. and that’s scary!
Seriously, if someone wants to make me some of these I will NOT say no!
Alright.. now onto Friday Funday! Also know as, five things that have had my interest/are interesting to me, as of late.
1. I made my own salsa before I went up north of the 4th of July.. Sadly it wasn’t spicy enough.. So when I returned home I had about 10 more ripe jalapeños, so I took the salsa I had left and added about 7 of them.. yea.. not to toot my own horn, but it’s DELICIOUS!!
2. THE POOL AT MY SCHOOL IS CLOSED UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST!! I seriously about died when I read the sign.. and cried.. it didn’t help that that was a rough day for me anyways, but seriously, NO POOL?!?! UGH! Guess that means more open water practice for me!
3. My lab space at work is beautiful.. I’m a bit OCD! My lab mates are alway jealous of how clean my space is, but I keep trying to tell them that having OCD (even if just a little bit) isn’t always the best thing… oh well, at least everything is clean and pretty!
4. I made some DELICIOUS ‘pork and vegetable’ soup on Tuesday! I was pretty proud of myself, mostly because it meant that I had food for days! Not to mention that I did it all in the crockpot which means that I didn’t need to slave over the stove, and in this hot Michigan weather, that’s always a good thing!
5. I FINALLY went to the farmer’s market that my school has on campus and scored four zucchini’s and a small cabbage for $3!! Yes, you read that right.. THREE DOLLARS!! Now I know that every Wednesday I need to have about $10 in cash on me so that I can go grocery shopping!! BOOM!
Well, that’s that! This weekend I’ll be going to my nephew’s birthday party on Saturday then racing on Sunday! Be sure to stop by on Sunday to read about the race!!
Have a great weekend everyone!!