Hello there everyone! I hope you’ve all had a great week! I know that I have.. It’s been a long one, that’s for sure, but good nevertheless! Let’s revisit my week, shall we?
1. I registered for a TURKEY TRAIL TROT! I honestly don’t think you understand how excited I am for this.. Ok, let me give you the low-down.. SO, I’ve always wanted to do the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, however, for the past two (going on three) years I’ve gotten my boyfriend tickets to the Detroit Lions game on Thanksgiving. I do this for his birthday since you have to buy tickets right around then (end of July), though it’s kind of a gift for myself too! I mean, who doesn’t love some Thanksgiving day football? Well, my uncle has season tickets so we end up going down before the game to enjoy some brews and grub. THAT means that if I want to run the Turkey Trot downtown I’d have to get a hotel so that I could shower post-race pre-tailgate. HOWEVER, now that I found the Turkey Trail Trot I can race in the morning (not downtown), go home to shower, then we can head downtown for the game. I’m seriously so excited. OH, not to mention that I’m signed up for BOTH 4mile races.. Which means that on Black Friday when the majority of the world is shopping, I can be working off all of the food I ate the night before racing another 4 miles. CAN YOU TELL I’M EXCITED??
2. Gosh #1 got long.. sorry about that.. ANYWAYS #2.. My sisters and I decided to purchase matching outfits for the Detroit Women’s Half Marathon that we’re running in 9 days! You guys will get a picture after the race, I don’t want to ruin the surprise!
3. I’ve also signed up to volunteer for the Dances with Dirt race in Hell, MI. There are a few reasons for this so let me give you the major ones. a) My sister lives nearby, so I can go hang out with her & the kids for awhile. b) Running Fit gives you a volunteer tshirt (and who doesn’t love free tshirts?) and $30 to apply to a future Running Fit race (I’ll be using it for Run Scream Run). c) I’m running the Detroit Women’s half the following day, so getting up SUPER early (I elected to do the 4:45-10am shift) will allow me to ACTUALLY sleep before a race!
4. I got some awesome Knuckle Lights in the mail to review.. review will be up soon, but let me just tell you that they’re awesome!
5. I also purchased something else awesome this week.. (I’ve made way too many purchases this week…) I wish that I got to do the review but I didn’t.. My friend Cori over at Olive To Run did.. She reviewed a product Bama+Ry.. You can find her review here. So why am I telling you about someone else’s review? Because due to it, I was able to purchase a necklace that I’ve wanted forever (see picture below). I was able to customize it AND received 20% off thanks to Cori’s review. SO check it out and help out a small business!
Have a great weekend everyone!