Hello there Friday! Nice of you to finally show up! I mean seriously, you kept us ALL waiting since MONDAY to see you! MONDAY! Do you know how hard is it to get through the week when you’re waiting for FOUR FULL DAYS to see the only day that you want to see.. Of course you don’t, because you’re always with Friday.. Darn you.
Alright. Sorry. That conversation was long time coming! I’m so sick of waiting on Friday.. I need to make another day just as good as Friday.. Well, we all know that Saturday is better because you don’t have to work on Saturday (well, some do, but those people look forward to their “Saturday”).
1. I’m running my first ever 10k tomorrow! I’m doing Run Scream Run (as you all know) with one of my boyfriend’s roommate’s sisters. Follow that? 😉 I’m pretty excited! It’s a zombie race so I’m expecting to PR (well, do well I guess) due to random things jumping out at me.. I should make sure to wear my HR monitor so I can correlate when I get scared to when my HR peaks.. Gosh, I’m such a nerd!
2. I’m SOOO ready for Thanksgiving break! Ha. Yea, I know.. Don’t wish the year away, Brittany. But honestly, I need a much needed ‘stop thinking about work/school because it’s the holiday and you don’t think about work/school on a holiday’ type weekend. Badly.
3. Oh, I guess I want Thanksgiving also because I have a 4 mile trail race that day followed by going to the Detroit Lions football game downtown.. Yea.. Cannot wait.
4. Every so often I’ve been using SleepTime to check my sleep cycles. I’m not really sure how it works, or if it’s accurate. I mean, I assume that it has something to do with my movement in bed, but honestly I have no idea.. Anyways, it’s pretty cool.. Especially when I get up for the gym and it wakes me up when I’m in light sleep so that I’m not super groggy.. Oh, I should add that sometimes I hit snooze and still had to talk myself into getting up.. Like I said, some days are easier than others.
5. I’ve been trying a new type of shake mix that’s aimed at nutrition versus protein. It’s called Herbalife. A friend from highschool is an independent distributor and recommended it to me (ok, I asked first, but she sold me on trying it). They’re tasty AND nutritious! I honestly want to make the ‘caramel frappucino’ that I make in the morning ALL DAY LONG! And don’t worry, I’m not neglecting protein. I honestly either add protein to it, or have a protein shake post workout.. or both! 😉