I’ve been struggling lately. It seems that even when things are going great I find the dark in the situation..
No, I’m not depressed. But I’d be lying if I said that the cold, crappy weather isn’t getting to me.
So the question is, what can I do to change it?! So I decided to devise a list of things to do to get me out of this rut that I’ve been in lately.
1. Smile more. It’s amazing how even just smiling to myself for whatever is going on in my head makes me feel better.. But smiling at someone who doesn’t expect it makes me smile even more.
2. Make exercising a priority. I know what you’re thinking, “Don’t you workout, like, every day?”.. and while I wish the answer was yes, I’d have to say the best answer would be, “when I feel like it”.. But the thing is.. usually even when I don’t feel like it and I end find the motivation to do it anyways it makes me happy.. So I need to start scheduling some workout dates. Plus, running makes me smile, so that’s like killing two birds with one stone.
3. Enjoy the little things. As can be seen here. Sometimes we just have to sit back and let the little things take over. For example, yesterday my boyfriend cut my pumpkin for me because we didn’t have the right tool and it was too hard for me to do. Enjoy the little things, but also make sure to appreciate the little things that someone does for you. And I did.. I thanked him probably ten times.
4. Relax. Easier said than done, I know. But sometimes I need to remember that life is stressful because I make it that way. I don’t ALWAYS have to go to the gym, make dinner, clean my room, wash my car, go to the grocery store, and do laundry all in one day. While it’s nice to have errand/chores done all at once, it just adds unneeded stress. I need to remember to relax more.
5. And that goes hand in hand with, Plan ahead only what needs to be planned. I know that I said that I like to plan, but sometimes I go a bit overboard. I’m not going to say that sometimes it isn’t fun/needed.. But sometimes it just wastes time and keeps me up at night. SO, I’m going to actively make an effort to only plan ahead what really NEEDS to be planned!
By the way, Check out my AMAZING pumpkin! (And boyfriend! 😉 )