1. Run 14 Half Marathons in 2014!!– This is inspired by Monica at Run, Eat, Repeat. I already have 14 on the schedule, so now I just have to stick with them!!
2. Eat more real food. — Easier said than done. Sometimes it’s too easy to just grab some ‘fast food’ instead of cooking. However, I’m determined to start cooking more and eating the majority of my food from the produce/fresh meat section of the grocery store. Oh, and I suppose the frozen veggies & meats too.
3. Drink more water. — I mostly drink water as it is, but I think that I need to start drinking MORE of it. I have SO many water bottles that I think it’s time that I use them! I’m going to make sure that it’s always full so that I’m able to drink throughout the day!
4. PLAN PLAN PLAN! — I like to plan as it is, but I need to get back into meal planning and planning my time at the gym. I have a gym schedule planned for this semester, so now it’s time to stick to it! Yes 6:30am is early.. but it beats debating with myself on if I really want to go after working all day.
Anyone have a great New Years Resolution that I’m missing?!
Maybe it’s not that early.. I mean, we’re only 15 days away from Christmas, which means that we’re only 22 days away from New Years… Three weeks seems like an ample amount of time to start a list. But let me tell you that this list isn’t a very ‘cut in stone’ list.. It’s more like a reminder of the things that I want to make sure that I CONTINUE doing.
1. Running. Outside. Even in this cold. Needs to be done.
2. Lifting weights more! I’d like to get up to three times a week consistently.
3. Eating healthy and IGNORING the dessert table. I just can’t help myself, dessert calls to me.. So lately I’ve been ignoring the dessert table to avoid overeating or just eating stuff that I don’t need. So I’d like to keep that going! I have an evil sugar habit that I need to kick.
4. Start swimming at least once a week, and start getting on the trainer (for my bike) at least once a week.. Triathlon season is going to come before I realize it, so I need to start putting in the time now so that when it comes around I’m ready!
5. Not getting upset at small things.. So, this isn’t fitness related, but I guess it is ‘well-being’ related. I get upset over the stupidest, smallest, things. I’m working on it, but I need to remind myself that sometimes I’m being irrational and that I just need to calm down and brush it off.