Whole30.. You know how sometimes being on a ‘strict’ diet is either super easy OR super hard?! Well, I’m still trying to figure out what this one is to me.. Let’s talk about what I’ve been starting to realize while on this journey.
1. Sometimes it’s easy, and sometimes it’s hard.. Alright, so I know I already said that but hear me out.. I’ve been eating paleo for a while now, since February 1st to be exact, but there are things that come with eating paleo that are hard for my head to wrap around. I’ve read It Starts With Food, and I know how I feel after eating dairy, but there’s still a constant struggle for me to pick the right foods.. Which leads me to number two.
2. I weighed less, looked better, and felt more in control when I wasn’t following the paleo lifestyle. Now, the question I ask myself is WHY. That’s were there the really hard thinking has to come into play.. When I was eating the SAD (Standard American Diet) I was already eating very clean.. Yes I’d have tortilla wraps, yogurt, and white potatoes, but those are things that I like.. AND things that don’t seem to tear apart my system! So I cut out a few things, but I don’t think those things were the culprit in the times I’d feel sick/gross/groggy.
3. I feel like I’m going to be letting a whole community down if I go back to eating the way I used to. I know, I know, I shouldn’t care.. I really do know that I shouldn’t.. But I feel like as a female we always try to please everyone, but this is one thing that I have to do for MYSELF and myself only. I want to feel fit/healthy/happy/toned, and if that means that I start eating a greek yogurt with breakfast, and have some mashed white potatoes with dinner so be it.
4. After the Whole30, I’m going to reintroduce my body to some foods, one-by-one, and if they don’t upset my system there’s a good chance that I’ll added them back into my diet. To be honest, I miss oatmeal like crazy… I want to be able to have post-workout protein bars, or protein shakes.. Sometimes I like having tasty-sugar-filled creamer in my coffee.. Yes, I know that not all of these are ideal in any diet, but I feel like picking HEALTHY over strict PALEO might actually make me a healthier person.. As stated in #2, I felt/looked/was better when I was eating a CLEAN SAD diet.
5. All of those things being said.. I’m NOT going to give up on my Whole30.. I’m on the 6th day and don’t want to give up just because there are things that I miss from my old diet that I didn’t see as being unhealthy. I’m going reintroduce, as stated in #4, and go from there..
So.. Those are my current thoughts on Whole30.. Who knows, maybe they’ll change in the next week or two and I’ll swear off all non-paleo foods all together.. I just wanted to share with you where my head is at after 6 days of Whole30 eating!
Thanks for listening guys, you’re the best!